Thursday, October 25, 2007

Boobs Still Hurt

A month post-surgery and my breasts still hurt, especially the non-cancer (not tissue-expanded) breast. I did not expect it to last this long but friends who have had breast augmentation say it may take another month to feel better. They look fantastic though, they haven't "dropped" completely yet but they look almost normal. My plastic surgeon was fantastic.

The Tamoxifen side effects seem to be mild so far, no hot flashes and periods are nearly normal.

One last chemo side effect: fine blonde hairs on my face and back, something I never had before. Guess I'll have to Nair or wax them, they don't seem to be getting worse so I bet they stay away after I get rid of them.

On my head the hair is about an inch long. Still wigging it, probably will for another couple of months until I can get a hairstyle that doesn't look like a boy.

No comments: